PROCEDURES AND REGULATIONS FOR INTERNET-BASED GADJAH MADA SCHOLASTIC TEST
These are the Test Procedures Regulations relating to the internet-based Gadjah Mada Scholastic Test (GMST). These regulations, policies and procedures are designed to ensure that the testing environment is secure and that all GMST participants are treated equitably and fairly.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- All participants must be capable in operating the computer and its operating system and are not visually challenged (Participants who are with disability will receive different selection procedure).
- All participants must be able to provide the required device in accordance to the criteria described as follows:
REQUIRED DEVICE (COMPULSORY REQUIREMENT)
- All participants must be able to provide computer device (PC/Laptop) with specifications as follows:
- Minimum 12” monitor screen,
- Minimum processor required: dual core 1GHz dan RAM 4GB,
- Windows Operating System (Minimum OS Windows 8),
- Equipped with well-functioning audio and video webcam,
- Equipped with Firefox web browser,
- Disabled the antivirus software and Windows automatic update system during the test.
- All participants are prohibited to use devices with operating systems other than Windows (including Mac).
- All participants are required to provide stable and good internet access with minimum speed of 4G/10Mbps.
- All participants must provide a sufficient amount of internet data quota (minimum 3 GB) or be able to access Wi-Fi from internet service provider with good and stable connectivity.
- All participants must provide smartphone equipped with WhatsApp (WA) messaging application to communicate with the test committee.
- All participants must have access to a conducive-for-exam room equipped with chair and table with a wall background that is no further than 2 meters.
- All participants’ table must be clutter-free, these are the only objects allowed to be on the table during the test: devices such as laptop / computer, smartphone and stationary (pen, pencil, and a piece of blank paper to scribble on)
- All participants must have access to a conducive-for-exam room preferably free of disturbance and well-lit.
- All participants must provide UPS for their PC or a well-functioning fully charged laptop battery to anticipate should there be a power outage.
- All participants must ensure that their device is connected to electrical power during the test.
- All participants will use two software (Safe Exam Browser and Zoom) which will run simultaneously. The guide and supporting documents will be further informed via emails.
- All participants must have installed the software independently and make sure the device is ready to use at maximum D-1 from the test schedule.
EXAM PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
- All participants must wear white colored shirt or blouse, any type of hats is not permitted. For those who wears headscarf (hijab) are advised to wear the light-colored ones.
- During the test, all participants must occupy their seat in accordance to the described regulations.
EXAM CODE OF CONDUCT
- Participants must work independently.
- Participants are not allowed to document the test.
- Participants are not allowed to disseminate the guidelines and all supporting documents for the test.
- Participants are not allowed to save the guidelines and all supporting documents for the test.
- The exam committee has the right to put an end to the test or to withhold the test result should any of the participant is found committing any kind of deceitful behavior or violating the rules of the exam.
- Participants’ opinions and omissions in understanding the rules are the responsibility of the participants.
EXAM PROCEDURE AND REGULATION
- Participants must log in to the online meeting conference on schedule.
- Any issues and problems the participants encounter on the day of the test, please join the ZOOM meeting first so that they can be handled by the IT Administrator at the ZOOM meeting.
- Participants must have installed the required test system on their device. Participants who has not installed the required system on the exam day will invalidate their participation and will be sanctioned with disqualification.
- Participants are not allowed to access the test over the scheduled examination date and time.
- Participants are not allowed to start the test without the instruction from Tester.
- Participants can equip themselves with stationary such as pen and pencil and a piece of blank paper for scribbling purpose.
- Participants are not allowed to use calculating device or any kind of device to assist them during the test.
- Participants must always keep their video screen on. It is compulsory for the participant to face the monitor during the test in accordance to this rule (Participant’s face and shoulders must be 100 percent visible on the screen).
- Participants must turn their microphone on during the test.
- Should the internet connection to the server is broken, the exam committee will repeat the process of the ongoing test once the internet connection becomes accessible.
- Should there be an issue leading to broken connectivity of participant’s internet, video (webcam) or audio (microphone and speaker) then Tester will be authorized to determine, based on data and information from IT Admin, whether or not the participant is allowed to continue partaking in the exam.
- Participants must always stay connected to the exam committee through the Zoom Meeting, starting from verification process to the end of the test. It is strongly advised for participants to ensure their Zoom Meeting audio and video work properly.
- Participants who are not logged in to the Zoom Meeting and not present during verification process will be disqualified.
- Participants who encounter technical issues or any other unsolvable issues will be declared ineligible to partake in the exam and thus disqualified.